This is a fun way to help children identify letters or numbers.
- To help children with letter/number recognition, along with taking turns
Before You Start:
Cut simple duck shapes from yellow contact paper (or laminated construction paper). Attach each duck to the side of a juice box. Cut out a square piece of contact paper and attach to the opposite side of the box. Using a permanent marker, print a letter or number on each square piece of paper. Place the boxes in a large container or kiddie pool that is half full of water (ducks faced up).
Let’s Get Started!
Have the children take turns picking a duck from the water.
Ask the children to identify the letter/number on the bottom side of the box.
If the child correctly identifies it, he/she points to a friend.
That child must quack like a duck.
Products You May Need:
- Excellerations™ Letter Learning Ducks – Set of 26
- Mini Rubber Ducks – Set of 12
- Sand & Water Activity Tubs – Set of 4
- Colored Repositionable Con-Tact® Cover
- Sharpie® Black Permanent Fine-Tip Markers – Set of 12