Children are shown the different types of leaves and are told the names of the trees they come from.
- To learn that leaves come in a variety of shapes and sizes
- To learn that many leaves change color before dropping to the ground in the fall
Before You Start:
Find a collection of different types of leaves and laminate them. On a large piece of construction paper trace the outline of each leaf.
Let’s Get Started!
Children can work to match up the real leaves with the corresponding silhouette outlined on the placemat.
Children can see how many names of leaves they can remember and identify during matching activity.
Products You May Need:
- 12″ x 18″ Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Liquid Watercolor™ Lovely Paper Leaves – Set of 72
- Colorations® Super Washable Classic Markers – Set of 8