First, we talk about how leaves change colors in the fall. We talk about the different stages they go through to get to their final color.
- To see the stages leaves go through while they are changing colors
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed for activity: coffee filters or Lovely Liquid Watercolor™ Leaves – Set of 72, bingo bottles filled with yellow, green, red and orange Colorations® Liquid Watercolor.
Let’s Get Started!
Fold the coffee filters in half three times. Or set out Liquid Watercolor™ Leaves.
Tell the students to use the bingo bottles to cover the coffee filters (or leaves) until the paper is saturated. They should do one with green and yellow, the next with yellow and orange and the last with orange and red.
Once the coffee filters have dried use a leaf die cut and cut out the three different leaves. Have the children arrange the leaves in order from first to last to see the transition they take in the fall.
You can also get similar and larger results using Liquid Watercolor™ Texas Snowflakes!
Products You May Need:
- Liquid Watercolor™ Lovely Paper Leaves – Set of 72
- Colorations® Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
- Bingo Bottle Refillable Markers with Tips & Caps – Set of 12
- Liquid Watercolor™ Big Texas Snowflakes – Set of 35