These colorful butterflies are a great extension of your science curriculum and an opportunity to review learned material.
- To reinforce the unit of study on butterflies
- To incorporate fine motor skills into an art activity
Before You Start:
You will need Liquid Watercolor™ Texas Snowflakes, bingo bottles, Colorations® Liquid Watercolor, stapler, butcher paper, string for hanging and pipe cleaners.
Let’s Get Started!
Revisit the butterfly structure and the colors of butterflies’ wings during morning meeting time. Let the children look through the books you used during the unit and see pictures of the many colored wings.
Spread the butcher paper out on the floor as a mat for easy clean up.
On the mat, allow the children to stamp and paint the Liquid Watercolor™ Texas Snowflakes using the bingo bottles.
Once paint is dry and children are finished decorating, gather the center of the creation and staple to form a butterfly shape.
Attach the piper cleaners as antennas.
Finally attach the string with the stapler as well. The beautiful butterflies are now ready to hang and decorate the room!
Have the children create a story about butterflies to share in small groups.
Products You May Need:
- Bingo Bottle Refillable Markers with Tips & Caps – Set of 12
- 18″ White 40 lb. Butcher Paper Roll
- Sparkle Stems Pipe Cleaners – Pack of 100
- Liquid Watercolor™ Texas Snowflakes