- To encourage decision making and creative thinking
- To develop fine motor skills
- To have fun creating wearable art
Before You Start:
Set out BioColor® paint, BioColor® Fabric Medium, paintbrushes, sponges, bingo bottles, foam rollers, wax paper and a cotton t-shirt.
Let’s Get Started!
Pre-wash and dry the fabric to be painted, 100% cotton works best.
Add 1 part of BioColor® Fabric Medium to 4 parts of BioColor® and mix well.
To avoid bleeding through, place waxed paper directly under fabric to be painted.
Using a brush, sponges, fingers, even Bingo Bottles, paint onto the fabric.
When BioColor® is dry, heat set the design, either in the dryer for 20 minutes or simply press the reverse side with an iron for 20 seconds.
Wait 5 days before laundering, then gently machine wash with cold water and mild soap.
Fabric art is a great activity for camps and end of the year projects!
Products You May Need:
- BioColor® Paint – 16 oz.
- BioColor® Fabric Medium – 16 oz.
- Bingo Bottle Refillable Markers with Tips & Caps – Set of 12
- Colorations® Cool Designs Foam Rollers – Set of 12
- 6 Paint Cups In A Base