Introduce clouds to little ones with this fun and easy activity!
- To learn about clouds with a fun craft
- To encourage creativity and fine motor skills
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: shaving cream, Elmer’s® glue, paintbrushes, craft bowls and construction paper. Mix 1 cup of shaving cream and 2 tablespoons of glue together or to your desired consistency ahead of time (should feel slightly thicker than the shaving cream by itself).
Let’s Get Started!
Talk to the children about clouds. Show them some pictures of the different types of clouds, pointing out their different shapes and sizes.
Give each child a piece of construction paper and a paintbrush. Demonstrate how to dip a paintbrush into the mixture and paint a cloud on a piece of paper.
Let each child create their own unique clouds on their papers.
Allow to dry and hang on display!
You can also use Colorations® No-Drip Foam Paint as an alternative material for this craft, or add Colorations® Make it Puffy to paint to give it a fluffy texture, perfect for clouds.
Products You May Need:
- 9″ x 12″ Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Colorations® Best Value Plastic Handle Paint Brushes – Set of 30
- Elmer’s® Washable School Glue, 4 oz. – Single Bottle
- Colorations® No-Drip Foam Paint, 8 oz.
- Colorations® Puffy Paint Medium, 16 oz.