Fun scraper art project that also makes a great keepsake or gift for book lovers!
- To learn to grasp and manipulate a paint scraper
- To develop critical thinking skills
- To encourage creative self expression
Before You Start:
Gather materials for activity: heavyweight white construction paper, BioColor® paint, stampers, a BioColor® paint scraper, one-hole punch, yarn, glitter and a laminator (optional).
Let’s Get Started!
Apply BioColor® in 4-6 small dots on a pre-cut bookmark.
Paint the bottom surface of a stamper with a wide brush and stamp the bookmark.
Next, grasp a BioColor® scraper and press down on paper, pulling paint from left to right over stamp pattern.
Pull paint beyond paper edge, then laminate. Or pull paint to paper edge and add glitter to remaining paint puddle.
Add a fun accent to your bookmark with yarn. Punch a hole in the top and thread a piece of yarn through. Tie a knot in the yarn and cut excess from the fringe.
Products You May Need:
- BioColor® Paint, 16 oz.
- Colorations® “Paint-A-Dot” Brushes – Set of 12
- BioColor® Paint Scraper
- Colorations® Extra-Safe Plastic Glitter – 1 lb.
- 9 x 12 Tru-Ray® Sulfite Construction Paper – 50 Sheets
- Super Stamper Mega Pack – 100 Pieces
- One Hole Punch
- Colorations® Acrylic Yarn – Set of 12