Feel like a real, grown-up artist but without the mess!
- To learn how to use watercolor pencils on canvas to create colorful pictures
- To learn that art you create can be used to decorate a home
- To learn that artwork can bring happiness when given away as a gift
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: Canvas panels, watercolor pencils, paint brushes and water bowls.
Let’s Get Started!
Provide children each with a canvas panel and their choice of watercolor pencils. Have the children draw whatever they wish to draw on the panel. If they don’t wish to draw something specific, suggest that they draw shapes or patterns. Encourage them to use lots of colors.
When the drawings are complete provide the children with paint brushes and water. Have the children paint over their drawings using the water. The colors will start to spread, similar to watercolor paint.
Place the paintings on a safe surface to dry for about an hour.
The children can bring their paintings home or give them as a gift. Either way, they are sure to bring happiness!
Share this activity with the children by creating your own piece of art. Everyone’s art will carry a special memory of having worked alongside each other while being creative and having fun.
Products You May Need:
- Best Value Paint Bowls – Set of 6
- Crayola® Watercolor Pencils Classpack® – Set of 240
- Crayola® Watercolor Pencils – Set of 12
- Colorations® Fine Line All-Purpose Easel Brush – Set of 60
- Real Stretched Canvas – Set of 6
- 6″ x 8″ Canvas Panels – Set of 12