Find and use interesting natural items to paint a picture!
- To explore different textures within nature
- To explore color mixing
- To practice using descriptor words
- To practice using fine motor skills
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: BioColor® paint, art paper, paper plates or paint trays and various items collected from nature.
Let’s Get Started!
Lead a nature walk outside to gather items to use to paint with. Provide the children with a small bag to use to collect their items. Some items could be assorted leaves, flowers or small twigs and branches.
Pour various colors of BioColor® paint onto paper plates or plastic art trays.
Dip a nature item into the paint, then carefully use the nature item to paint onto the art paper.
Add or mix additional colors onto the picture. Use multiple nature items to create different effects.
Discuss the different effects that various nature items have when they are used to paint on art paper. Does it make a difference if the item is soft, hard, rough or smooth?
Products You May Need:
- White Paper Craft Bags – Set of 100
- BioColor® Paint, 16 oz.
- BioColor® Paints, Gallon
- White Sulphite Paper – 500 Sheets
- 9″ White Paper Plates – 100 Pieces
- Colorations® Mini Art Trays – Set of 12
- Perfect Art Paper Pack – 600 Sheets