A creative and simple Easter project!
- To have children create an Easter Lily by using a cut-out of their hand
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed for activity: white construction paper, pencils, green foam sheets, scissors, glue and pipe cleaners.
Let’s Get Started!
Using a white heavyweight piece of construction paper, trace around the child’s open hand. Adult help will be needed to help young children draw around their hand and to cut it out.
Cut out the handprint, leaving a wide portion at the wrist.
Bring the two sides at the wrist together and glue. This should look like a cone at the bottom of the hand.
Use a yellow or gold pipe cleaner and glue it inside the flower.
Use a green straw as the stem and glue it inside the flower.
Cut out foam or paper leaves – using tacky glue, attach them to the straw.
When all children’s flowers are done, you can make a Easter lily bouquet.
Easter lilies are known to have special significance for Easter. Talk with children about some of the different meanings and symbols that are associated with this flower and Easter.
Products You May Need:
- Sparkle Stems Pipe Cleaners – Pack of 100
- 9″ x 12″ Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Heavyweight White Sulphite, 9″ x 12″, 80 lb. – 500 Sheets
- Foam Sheets, 9″ x 12″ – 30 Sheets
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® – 4oz.
- Sequins & Spangles – 4 oz.
- Colorations® Washable Glue Sticks
- Colorations® Colorful Craft Sand
- Super Sand Art Bottles & Funnels – Set of 12