Make a cute magnet for Father’s Day to display on the fridge!
- To practice fine motor skills
- To practice using scissors
- To practice tracing
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: a circular lid from a plastic container, magnet, felt, glue, markers, buttons, feathers and other collage materials, and a picture or piece of artwork.
Let’s Get Started!
Place the lid on top of the felt and trace around it. Cut out the felt and glue it to the top of the lid.
Glue a picture of the child or a piece of artwork by the child onto the felt.
Decorate around the picture your choice of collage materials.
Glue a magnet to the back of the lid. If necessary, trim the rim of the lid with a scissors.
Make several magnets for Dad, with different messages or pictures on each!
Products You May Need:
- Adhesive Magnetic Tape
- Rainbow Feathers – 1/2 oz.
- Colored Felt, 9″ x 12″ – 50 Sheets
- Colorations® Glitter Glue – Set of 6
- Assorted Ribbon Remnants – 25 Yards
- Super Feather Classroom Pack
- Assorted Grandma’s Buttons
- 6″ x 9″ Easy Felt Sheets – 100 Sheets
- Pre-cut Magnet Circles – 100
- Colorations® Washable School Glue – 4 oz.