Learn about spiders as children make a goofy hat!
- To learn about spiders
- To learn that spiders have 8 legs
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: black construction paper, wiggly eyes, glue, staples and a stapler or black tape.
Let’s Get Started!
Cut black construction paper into 10 equal, long strips for each child.
Take two strips and attach them together to create a circle that fits around the child’s head.
Attach 4 legs to each side of the circle. Crinkle the legs in an accordion fashion.
Add wiggly eyes to the front of the spider hat.
Have the children wear their hats as they sing “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” and read books about spiders.
Products You May Need:
- 5000 Staples
- Full Strip Stapler
- Jumbo Black Wiggly Eyes – Pack of 100
- 12″ x 18″ Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- 9″ x 12″ Colorations® Heavyweight Construction Paper
- Colorations® Washable Premium Glue Sticks – Set of 30, White