- To practice fine motor skills
- To explore different color combinations
- To express creativity
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: clothespins, tacky glue, pom-poms and wiggly eyes.
Let’s Get Started!
Set out all materials and provide children with 1 or 2 clothespins each.
Apply a line of tacky glue along the entire length of one side of a clothespin.
Place a row of pom-poms close together on the glue. Use however many can fit on the clothespin (3-5 is usually a good number).
Apply two dots of tacky glue to the pom-pom on the opening side of the clothespin. Apply wiggly eyes to the glue.
Allow the glue to dry, then place wherever you like!
Use the Clothespin Caterpillars activity to supplement learning about real caterpillars, or for when reading about The Hungry Caterpillar. Or, use brown pom-poms to make clothespin worms. Then read the book Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin.
Products You May Need:
- Pom Poms – 300 Pieces
- Wood Clothespins – Set of 48
- Excellerations® Yellow Sorting Tray
- Wiggly Eyes in Storage Container – 560 pieces
- Colorations® Tacky Glue – Set of 6