Toddlers use tape to create amazing effects in their art.
- To explore cause and effect
- To practice fine motor skills
- To participate in a hands-on sensory activity
Before You Start:
Gather materials needed: paint in multiple colors, masking or painter’s tape, cardstock or heavy painting paper, paint brushes.
Let’s Get Started!
Apply tape to the paper in the desired design.
Use fingers or painting tools to paint over the tape.
Carefully remove the tape from the paper.
Try adding additional layers of colors. After painting with one color and removing the tape, put down more tape and paint a second color. What happens in the areas where the paint colors overlap?
Products You May Need:
- Regular Masking Tape
- Colorations® Best Value Plastic Handle Paint Brushes – Set of 30
- White Poster Board, 22″ x 28″ – Pack of 100
- BioColor® Paint, 16 oz.
- Glossy Finger Paint Paper
- Finger Paint Paper Roll – 100 Feet
- Economy Weight White Poster Board – 50 Sheets
- Colorations® Mini Art Trays – Set of 12